ImageTexT is currently interested in reviews of the following books. Please note that this list is by no means comprehensive or exclusive. We may in some instances accept multiple reviews of the same book, at the discretion of the book reviews editor. Please email us to suggest other books for review.
All review submissions and queries should be addressed to our Books Review team at email@example.com
Scholarly Books Available for Review
- Alaniz, José. Resurrection: Comics in Post-Soviet Russia. The Ohio University Press, 2022.
Baldanzi, Jessica. Bodies and Boundaries in Graphic Fiction: Reading Female and Nonbinary Characters. Routledge, 2023.
- Brunet, Peyton, and Blair Davis. Comic Book Women: Characters, Creators, and Culture in the Golden Age. University of Texas Press, 2022.
Carr, Bryan J. Gendered Defenders: Marvel’s Heroines in Transmedia Spaces. Ohio State University Press, 2022.
- Eisner, Will. A Contract with God and Other Stories of Dropsie Avenue: A Norton Critical Edition. Edited by Jared Gardner, W.W. Norton, 2023.
- Fawaz, Ramzi, et al., editors. Keywords for Comics Studies. NYU Press, 2021.
- Ferguson, Miguel, and Fraser M. Ottanelli.¡Brigadistas!: An American Anti-Fascist in the Spanish Civil War. NYU Press, 2022.
- Galvan, Margaret. In Visible Archives: Queer and Feminist Visual Culture in the 1980s. University of Minnesota Press, 2023.
- Hall, Richard A., et al. We Are Gotham: Finding American Society in the Television Series. McFarland, 2022.
- Halsall, Alison, and Jonathan Warren, editors. The LGBTQ+ Comics Studies Reader: Critical Openings, Future Directions. University Press of Mississippi, 2022.
- Hardin, Whitney and Julia E. Kiernan, editors. Adaptations of Mental and Cognitive Disability in Popular Media. Rowman & Littlefield, 2022.
- Heberer, Feng-Mei. Asians on Demand: Mediating Race in Video Art and Activism. University of Minnesota Press, 2023.
Hodapp, James. Graphic Novels and Comic as World Literature. Bloomsbury Academic, 2022.
- Horstkotte, Silke and Nancy Pedri. Experiencing Visual Storyworlds: Focalization in Comics. The Ohio State University Press, 2022.
- Kruse, Zack. Mysterious Travelers: Steve Ditko and the Search for a New Liberal Identity University Press of Mississippi, 2021.
- La Cour, Erin, Simon Grenna, Rik Spanjers. Key Terms in Comics Studies. Palgrave Macmillan, 2022.
- Luttrell, Regina and Karen McGrath. Gen Z: The Superhero Generation. Rowman & Littlefield, 2021.
Morton, Drew, editor. After Midnight: Watchmen after Watchmen. Univ. Press of Mississippi, 2022.
- Pedri, Nancy and Chuck Howitt. A Concise Dictionary of Comics. University Press of Mississippi, 2022.
- Rausch, Andrew J., and Mark Slade, editors. Conversations with Joe R. Lansdale. University Press of Mississippi, 2022.
- Redrobe, Karen, and Jeff Scheible. Deep Mediations: Thinking Space in Cinema and Digital Cultures. University of Minnesota Press, 2021.
- Rouleau, Brian. Empire’s Nursery: Children’s Literature and the Origins of an American Century. NYU Press, 2021.
- Schmid, Johannes. Frames and Framing in Documentary Comics. Palgrave MacMillan, 2021.
- Schwartz, Roy. Is Superman Circumcised? The Complete Jewish History of the World’s Greatest Hero. McFarland, 2021.
- Scott, Darieck. Keeping It Unreal: Black Queer Fantasy and Superhero Comics. NYU Press, 2022.
Smyth, Tim. Teaching with Comics and Graphic Novels. Routledge, 2023.
- Suan, Stevie. Anime’s Identity: Performativity and Form beyond Japan. University of Minnesota Press, 2021
- Ty, Eleanor, editor. Beyond the Icon: Asian American Graphic Narratives. The Ohio State University Press, 2022.
- Utell, Janine. Howard Cruse. University of Mississippi Press, 2023.
- Vaz, Mark Cotta. Empire of the Superheroes: America’s Comic Book Creators and the Making of a Billion-Dollar Industry. University of Texas Press, 2021.
- Woo, Benjamin, and Jeremy Stoll. The Comics World: Comic Books, Graphic Novels, and Their Publics. University Press of Mississippi, 2021.
Creative Imagetexts Available for Review
- Allen, Joe. The Lonesome Era. Iron Circus Comics, 2019.
- Ashwin, Kate et al., editors. The Night Marchers and Other Oceanian Stories. Iron Circus Comics, 2021.
- Biel, Joe, editor. Your Neurodiverse Friend #5: Interactions with Police. Microcosm, 2022.
- de Jongh, Aimée. Days of Sand, SelfMadeHero, 2022.
- Mirza, Omar. The C-L Psychiatrist: Delusional Capacity: Autonomy vs. Beneficence. Roaring Sun Studios, 2021.
- Stanford Graphic Novel Project. All City, Standford Grahic Novel Project, 2023.
- Stanton, Joe. Leo and the Gorgon’s Curse. Nobrow Press, 2020.
- Taki, Soma. Sleeping While Standing. Avery Hill Publishing, 2022.
- Tresenella. TransLucid. Self published webcomic, 2013-present.